March 21, 2013

Pennywise Platter Post

My first time participation in Pennywise Platter.

I like to cook, and sometimes I step away from the written and recommended recipes to create something of my own. The best person who creates something out of anything and it actually tastes delicious, is my mother in law. Too bad that she doesn't blog:)

This week I had half of a cooked chicken with all of its giblets. A few days ago I used it to make chicken broth. Kids are fighting the colds and did not mind having yummy soup with noodles.
To, whatever was left of broth, I added water and concentrated tomato paste. I spiced it up with salt and black pepper and tomato soup was ready.

Then my Polish genes kicked in and I have decided to make some pierogi with chicken.
 I took all of the meat of the chicken bones. Cut it in tiny pieces together with all the giblets.

 

 I added salt, black pepper, garlic powder, dried parsley flakes and 2 Tbls of ricotta cheese, to hold it together. For pierogi dough I used about 2 cups of flour, 1 egg, salt and about 1 cup of milk. I kneaded it, rolled it, cut it and stuffed with chicken. Then put the pierogi aside and started heating up a pot with water.


In the big pan I melted butter with olive oil and added 1 cut onion, 1 cubed sweet potato and a cup of very well chopped kale. I used the frozen one. I added salt and pepper and let it saute until soft and wonderfully smelling!


 Meanwhile the pot with  salted water was boiling so I put in the pierogi. I cooked them for about 5 minutes. After carefully draining them I added to the sauted veggies, and served.




They disappeared quite quickly!

Kinga.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog via The Nourishing Gourmet's Pennywise Platter post! I love your posts, and I was wondering if you'd consider posting the complete recipe at the end so I can copy and save for future reference!

    ReplyDelete