May 31, 2014

7 Quick Takes on Saturday



                                           http://www.conversiondiary.com/2014/05/7-quick-takes-about-movies-on-the-lawn-my-life-being-a-mensa-puzzle-for-the-insane-and-why-i-do-not-recommend-peppermint-oil-for-eyeball-massages.html

Well, well, I have finally got my hand on "Something other than God", and let me tell you, amazing!!!
It will be a subject of my quick takes; random, chaotic, whatever thought came to my mind. And since one of the "scientific " surveys decided that have creative brain ( not philosophical ) I feel quite all right to do so.

 1.
I have had this book since yesterday ; started reading about 13:30.
By late evening I was on the chapter 23rd. I kept reading through dinner, cleaning up, picking up ( kids ), the concert ( just intermission though :)). I tried to reading it while waiting for the green light, but it changed to soon... As of Saturday morning I am at chapter 30th. The house is empty for a moment, and I struggle with a dilemma, should I clean or read. Not to feel guilty, I decided to update my blog.
 
2.
The concert:
 

 
3.
I am amazed by Jennifer's ( atheist ) desire to seek the truth. She kept her heart and mind open and she let the Holy Spirit go through her. I am a cradle Catholic, and I am thankful for that. If I wasn't, I do wonder if I would be open to seek the goodness as she did first, regardless of circumstances.
 
4.
While reading it, I couldn't stop myself from rereading the parts where she described the street of Austin. It was like, OMG, I know that street, I passed by it so often, and Tarrytown, on daily bases!
 
5.
I got really exited when she described welcoming into new millennium. I'll bet we passed each other on the busy streets around midnight 1999/2000 of Austin downtown!  ( At least that's what I imagine ).
 
6.
But going back to the serious subject; God works mysterious ways! I am so glad that He let Himself "revealed" ( if I may use that word ), to Jen and her family. I keep thinking how much by changing their lives, He changed the lives of others! Well, it got me thinking more for sure!
 
7.
And I will quote the quote (?) from her book, but by C.S. Lewis
All that we call human history...(is) the long, terrible story of man trying to find something other than God which will make him happy.
 
And I myself find the answer to that dilemma in St. Augustine :
 
You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our hearts are restless until they rest in you.
 
Kinga.

No comments:

Post a Comment