August 10, 2014

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

I am behind with my Maine posts.
And even though I have already written a lot, I still have few good pictures that I want to share. That's my excuse for blogging:)
Anyway...
I can't proceed with the vacation now, because somebody important turned nine last Thursday!
I addition to that important event, I and Andrzej have officially became the American citizens the same day. It took some time to decide " to do ( it ) , or not to do ( it ) ". But that's is the subject for different post...

This year is  a year of planned birthday parties. I do them every two years.
Zuzia requested Narnia party. She had remembered the party from four years ago when Kiki turned nine. It was one of the best parties that I have ever organized.
I am so very glad that my girls took interest in such a inspirational, classic, one of the best stories ever written for children. They not only wanted to read the books and watch the movies but also wanted to " live in the magic", if just for a little bit.
Last spring we read all of the books in Chronicles of Narnia, then watched the movies; and then started planning. I wanted to do things as fun as it was for Kiki's party, yet different so it would be special for each of the girls.
I must say that pinterest helped tremendously, and after searching for good ideas that's what I came up with :)

Decorations




 
Scrolls with clues
 
 
Reading the clues

 
Few games
 

 
 
Making new friends
 


 
Coronation and naming ceremony
 
 
Fighting the evil army :)
 



The Birthday Cake!
 
 


 
The whole army!
 
 
Zuzia is so very happy, and thanking us so often for " this wonderful party"!
At the end that's what counts, the joy and happy, childhood memories!
I am so glad to help making them:)
 
Kinga:)
 


6 comments:

  1. I love Zuzia's big smile in the last picture! What a wonderfully creative party, the kids raved about it when they came home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like such a fabulous party, Kinga! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebekah had a wonderful time. She loves you, Kinga, as well as Zuzia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that she did! She made new friends too:)

      Delete