July 18, 2013

Needle and thREAD with Theme Thursday: Bright

 

This picture is way overexposed and bright, and since I could not match the beauty of Cari's picture, I will pretend that I meant to do it this way:)

It is also "Needle and ThREAD" at Elizabeth's. I haven't posted there for a while. This week I am proud to present "truck" shorts for Kubus! He chose the fabric himself:)
 

I read kids books those days. Trucks themed, sea and garden creatures themed and all what comes to my children hands and they want to read.

With Kateri, I read " The Teutonic Knights" by Henryk Sienkiewicz. Henryk Sienkiewicz is my all time favorite writer.
 

I am trying to introduce my children to the Polish literature. We had already read "In the Desert and Wilderness" by the same author.
Kateri is an awesome and willing reader. A Bookworm:) Yet I am reading this book to her, as it requires a lot of explanations of Polish history, culture and customs. It is beautifully written and the story itself is amazing, very often upsetting and heartbreaking! She likes it so far, and at this point she looks forward the evening reading.

With Zuzanna  we are on the American Girl series. She herself prefers stories about fishes and dragons. She is drawn into some unusual for girls, books.

I, myself, am reading not very ambitious book " A Storm of Swords" by George R.R. Martin.
Honestly, it is a better read that watch, when it comes to the series of "A Song of  Ice and Fire".
Less descriptive. I like the TV series, but sometimes there is just too much profanity and violence!

I will try to make a weekly stop at "Needle and ThREAD", as I really have to improve my sewing skills and continue with Sarah's reading list. Posting here will motivate me more!

Kinga:)

Zdjecie Kubusia w nowych spodankach jest przeswietlone, ale poniewaz nie moglam dorownac pieknu zdjecia Cari, ktorej dzisiejszym blogowym tematem byla "Jasnosc", to udam ze taki wlasnie mialam cel!
Rowniez dzisiaj Elizabeth gosci "Z igla i ksiazka". Podlaczam sie do niej, gdyz mam w tym temacie zaleglosci. Moge sie pochwalic w tym tygodniu ciezarowkowymi spodenkami Kubusia. Material sam on sobie wybral:)

Poza tym czytam wiele ksiazek wybieranych przez dzieci. Tematyka zwiazana ze samochodami, albo stworzeniami morskimi czy ogrodowymi.
Z Kateri czytam Krzyzakow. Nie musze polskiej widowni reklamowac tej pozycji. Tytul mowi sam za siebie. Niestety czytamy po angielsku, bo po polsku Kiki zupelnie  sobie nie radzi. Jak narazie ksiazka  jej sie podoba i czeka z niecierpliwoscia na wieczorna lekture ze mna.

Z Zuzia czytamy serie "Amerykanskiej Dziewczynki". Ona sama woli jednak ksiazki o rybach i smokach!

Ja sama relaksuje sie przy trzeciej czesci cyklu " Piesni Lodu i Ognia" napisanego przez Georga R.R. Martina. Na podstawie jego nowel jest nakrecona seria telewizyjna "Gra o Trony".

No comments:

Post a Comment