December 8, 2013

On the Second Sunday


 
 



And here we are, lighting the second candle on our Advent wreath already. The days go so fast, that I am thankful for the evenings, when we slow down for a couple of minutes and live our traditions.
There are Bible readings, the Jesse tree gets filled up with the ornaments and the favorite Christmas stories are being read.
I do cherish those readings. Even my twelve year old likes to snuggle next to me and listen to the story. Especially if it is long and beautiful; like  "The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey".

I have discovered that book when Kiki was little, and I have to say it is my favorite Christmas story.
It is story of a woodcarver, whose loneliness and personal tragedy left him bitter and old; and of the love that kept on slowly coming into his sad life in the presence of a widow and her sweet little boy. This story makes my heart melt and my eyes tear, every time that I read it to my children. They sense the real miracle of Christmas too.

Our week would not be complete without a nightly visit from St. Nicholas. I could not catch him with a camera, but he has left few surprises for my children.
They are lucky. St. Nick visits them twice in December. It is good to have Polish parents:)
I honestly think that their childhood would be missing something without those visits. I as a child, waited for them anxiously:)

Kinga.

No comments:

Post a Comment