September 28, 2014

What do you say, it's an apple day!

I thought I found one con against potential move to Texas: New Englanders favorite Autumn pastime: apple picking.
And then I googled "apple picking in central Texas" and to my great surprise I have found few places!
The best thing was that the season starts in the beginning of July and lasts until the end of October. I think it might be kind of weird though, to go apple picking in 100 F heat! But I'll take that.
But decision is yet to be made, so I won't be worrying about that now.

The weather was certainly more suitable for the beach than orchard, but since I do not like hot, sweaty beach, we settled down for picking apples in 83 F !
It might just help that apples are my all time favorite fruit ever, which might come as a surprise since it is such a common fruit in Poland.
But sometimes the simpler things, the better :)
The Macouns were in their peak, Jona Gold were still plentiful too, but I could not find Cortlands:(

The four out of five members of our family were enjoying the apple picking and five out of five devoured apple pie. So I think it is safe to say that it was a rather successful enterprise.
We picked about thirty pounds of that deliciousness! I can assure everybody, it will be gone by next weekend :)
 







 
Kinga:)


No comments:

Post a Comment