January 6, 2016

Last celebration


 

 
 
 
The Three Kings has already come over to baby Jesus last Sunday. But it did not feel like it.
 
For me the January 6th will always be the traditional Epiphany feast.
 
In some countries, like Poland, it is such big holiday that it is a day free from work and school.
Today I looked at the pictures from my hometown.
There was really big procession or rather three processions that represented the arrival of the three kings. When they met they proceeded together to the manger.
What a wonderful event and new tradition! Those things were not possible when I was growing up!
 
At my home I just tried to remember by looking at our three kings or rather what's left of them after my little kings played with them. Although if I remember correctly most of them lost their heads when Kiki entertained herself those many years ago! I think a new nativity scene will be on the Christmas list next year!
 
I also made a Magi Gift Cake, which truly came out as rich as the kings' gifts.
I have based it on this recipe, but I made a lot of adjustments.
It was filled with chocolate, almonds, coconut, raisins, cranberries, berries and banana.
Truly abundant in flavor! 
 
We did not write K+M+B this year above the door this year. I think the priest has forgotten to distribute the chalk last Sunday. Sadly I forgot too.
 
It looks like we are coming to the end of this Christmas season.
Even though the lights are still on as well as the decorations and the carols are still going through my head, and Kubus' evening lullaby is Mary's lullaby.
But ordinary time is upon us and there is another season coming to prepare to.
 
Swieto Objawienia Panskiego odbylo sie ostatniej niedzieli.
Dla mnie jednak tradycyjnie bedzie zawsze 6 stycznia.
W Polsce to swieto jest tak uroczyste, ze ten dzien jest wolny od pracy i szkoly.
 
Dzisiaj przegladalam fotki z mojego rodzinnego miasta.
Podziwialam uroczyste orszaki trzech kroli ktore spotkaly sie by razem dotrzec do stajenki z Jezusem.
Bardzo mi sie podoba ta nowa tradycja. Szkoda ze za moich czasow takiej nie bylo i szkoda ze raczej nie bedzie mi dane w niej uczesmiczyc.
 
U mnie swietowanie polegalo na liczeniu kroli w naszych domowych stajenkach. Troche ich ubylo przy pomocy dzieci a chyba glownym sprawca ubijania glow byla mala Kiki. Trudno uwierzyc ze takie wydarzenia wspomina sie teraz z nostalgia!
A tak naprawde to nowa stajenka zjawi sie na liscie Bozonarodzeniowej w przyszlym roku!
 
Swietowalismy tez ciastem " Dary trzech kroli ". Bylo niesamowicie bogate w smak prawie tak bogate jak dary trzech kroli :).
 
Trudno uwierzyc ze czas swiateczny zbliza sie ku koncowi, chociaz dekoracje jeszcze sa i swiatelka swieca, oraz koledy chodza mi po glowie a Kubusiowi spiewam na kolysanke "Lulajze Jezuniu".
Nadchodzi jednak okres zwyczajny a wkrotce trzeba bedzie przygotowac sie do nowego sezonu !
 
 
Kinga:)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment