January 19, 2016

Key and not a lot of other things

 
 
Few random "K" books, including the one that I've read to all my kiddoes "Flannel kisses"; very sweet.

The "K" words in dictionary

Trying very hard to practice writing

The books that inspired singing "Three Little Kittens who lost their mittens..."


Kicking a ball in the playroom is no that fun at all!

Kubus wasn't sold on flying kites:(



Imprinting key in quite stale and used playdough ( shame on mama )

Crayon rubbing keys was more interesting

The kangaroos and koalas went well with a little lesson about world geography

Few stories of our K author - Ezra Jack Keats
 


I find it harder and harder to focus on the alphabet path.

Maybe it is the season, or extra stress that came into our lives recently or Kubus' resistance to do things. Maybe I am doing it less interesting than I used to or maybe all things mentioned above.

But I have decided that instead of beating myself over it, or just skipping it all together, I will do as much as I can.

The "K" week went mostly with reading books, writing few words and a little lesson in geography.
We tried to do some kicking too, by which I mean kicking ball; the cold weather outside kept our chances to minimum and playing soccer inside did not seem like a lot of fun.

Kubus also was disappointed by lack of interesting "K" trucks. Somehow "knuckle-boom" truck was difficult to find.

My forgetfulness was the reason of not making rice krispies bars for a snack ( forgot to buy the necessary cereal for that recipe ), and my excitement for flying kites was extinguished by Kubus' memory of losing a kite one and a half year ago.
He still has a fear of losing another one.

So the "K" week wasn't very eventful but I am not going to beat myself about it.
Sometimes I just have to let it go and accept the limits.

And tomorrow? Who knows maybe the lego building in "L" week will bring more memories!

Kinga.

No comments:

Post a Comment