April 2, 2014

Yarn Along and Pierced Ears :)

( Joining Ginny today )

I am still reading "Shirt of Flame"; I try not to hurry. Scott Hahn recommended that while reading spiritual books, one should not read more than one or two chapters at the time. Sometimes I have trouble following his recommendations!

So I am reading it slowly, but in meantime I have picked up "The Longest Ride" by Nicholas Sparks.
A cheesy romance, I know. As I stated some time ago, he is the only romantic writer that I can read, but after this last one, I think I'll forgo the romance all together. Not my cup of tea. I've read his books, mostly due to a interesting twist in the story, but lately even that part is not catching my attention.
 


So while I needed something "lite",  a rebound from real serious reading, I prefer rather to wait for a very good book to come along than waste time on this so so lecture. I do not recommend it.

As for my knitting adventures, I started turquois project for Zuzia. So far I have managed to knit some and unravel it and I am about to start it again. It was way too big, which is a good thing when you need to restart again. On the other hand I don't see the end of it in the near future. With Spring cleaning on the agenda, Easter and "preparation for vacation", I might not find the time!
 

Speaking of Zuzia, this girl braved out few days ago and had her ears pierced. The beautiful earrings that she has gotten for Baptism and First Communion ( very Polish gift-ing ), will finally make an appearance in her ears ( now she just wears the temporary ones, until her ears heal ). She is very proud of herself and very happy. She asked me to mention it on my blog, so I am doing it because not every day a girl gets her ears pierced!
 
 

Kinga:)


1 comment:

  1. What a pretty colour, for a pretty girl.
    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete