March 26, 2014

Yarn Along and the return of the winter

I shouldn't have put return; the winter hasn't left us yet!



At this point I am not counting for spring. Instead I am counting the days that left for our trip to Texas!!! OMG, I can't wait!
But for now we are still wearing winter coats and hats and mittens. And quite all right, because my last knitting project was winter-y. I have made a cozy, warm vest for Kubus. He is my model child, and wears it very proudly:)
 

The vest is a little too big, but since my boy is growing, and the weather outside is not improving, he can wear it for at least a year!
My next project is a spring project for Zuzia. However with the things that are right now, she might not be able to wear it this year!

Recently I have read few excellent books.
First there was  "The Shadow of His Wings" by father Gereon Goldmann. I have followed Jennifer Fulwiler's suggestion, and I was not sorry.


It is a non fiction story of Nazi priest, who did everything in his power to define the Nazis, and was even involved in plot to kill Hitler. It is a story of strong faith and power of prayer.

Then I have read "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand and I am still under the spell of the incredible zeal for living of Louis Zamperini and incredible lesson in forgiveness. Truly Christian message!


I love non fiction books. There is nothing better than a real life story. Even the best fiction writer would not be able to compete with the mysterious ways of life.

It is also very difficult for me to start another book after reading an excellent story. I always feel like the next book wont measure up to the last one.

I had one waiting for me to read, but only after Ginny's last week sharing, I started reading it. It was because she was reading the same exact book that was waiting for me, "Shirt of Flame " by Heather King. It is a very good spiritual reading.

 
I must say that for the last few months I am being led by God's merciful Providence! Somehow I am surrounded by people who help me a lot in my struggles with depression and severe anxiety. They help me either by gentle advice or reading suggestion. People that I meet in person or read their advice online. I feel like I am going through some kind of renewal. But that is a story for another post.

For today I am joining Ginny in Yarn Along adventures.

Kinga:)



No comments:

Post a Comment